Wednesday, January 2, 2019

CREAMY AND DELICIOUS APPLE PIE OATMEAL





My favorite way to start the day …
Most of my breakfasts involve eggs – eating a mainly Whole30 diet they are usually the main event.  Which is totally okay with me.  I don’t know if I have ever gotten down right “sick” of eating eggs, but there are definitely days when I just feel the need to switch it up.  If I am wanting something more Whole30 compliant I opt for a sweet potato with cinnamon or even a veggie hash.  When I am not doing a round of Whole30, oatmeal is definitely my go-to.
I am so happy to have learned through my reintroduction (when you reintroduce all the foods you have eliminated, one at a time, following a round of Whole30) that I don’t seem to have an adverse reactions to oats!  So I can eat them without getting a stomach ache or feeling icky – so happy!
So, oats are my non-Whole30 breakfast of choice and this is my favorite recipe!
I love adding the almond milk to give it that creaminess and the maple syrup and cinnamon and chunks of apple make it feel like you are digging into the best apple pie ever.  Fall dreaminess in a bowl.
And completely kid-friendly!  Enjoy!
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Add salt, almond milk and water to medium saucepan.
  2. Bring to simmer.
  3. Add oats, maple syrup and apples.
  4. Let gently simmer for approx. 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  5. Remove from heat when consistency is creamy.
  6. Serve immediately.
  7. Add additional maple syrup and cinnamon as desired as well as walnuts and craisins.

No comments:

Post a Comment